|Building Your Klout for Better Business|
Klout can be a good indicator of how well your brand is engaging online.
No one argues that for your business to succeed online you have to continually work on, and manage, your brand reputation. With an increased amount of brand reputation tools being released and further developed, it only strengthens the importance of adding reputation activities to your digital marketing plan.
Give Your Company Klout
Klout has recently released their “Brand Squads” brand pages. Starting out small, they’re only using Red Bull as an example at this point, with more brands to be released shortly. This brand reputation tool takes into consideration your social media activities and gives you a rating from 0 to 100, with different labels depending on how you use your media.
Here are a few features of Klout:
- Mobile app just released with new API
- Now takes into consideration other social media activities instead of solely Twitter
- Those with higher scores can take advantage of rewards with the Klout Perks program
Your Branding Activities
Enjoying a higher Klout score isn’t as tough as you think. Half of developing a better online reputation is common sense. Here are a few thoughts to remember when developing your online brand:
- Always pay attention to what people are saying about you and react accordingly.
- Be helpful! Answer questions and introduce your network to each other.
- Engage with your community, especially those that are most influential – this is not the time to be shy!
- Create great content.
One of the most important points to remember (that is often overlooked) is that your online and offline business behaviors are not separate entities. One correlates with the other in a very significant way. Should there be blemishes on your business record offline, know that it’s just a matter of time before that materializes online as well. Run your business the way you would want a business you deal with to be run.
Tags: brand reputation, direct marketing, internet marketing, Klout, online branding, reputation activities, social meda, WSI franchise,
Written by: Maribel Guiste