|Blog Research Tools|
On October - 21 - 2011
There’s a number of good tools available that can help you with researching topics to blog about.
For business blog marketing you can use these tools to bring you interesting, pertinent and current information to write your blog postings.
- Google Alerts: This is a free email alert service. Just enter in the search term that you are researching and Google Alerts will send an email daily, weekly or as it happens. Google delivers snippets of web pages or news stories directly to your email box.
- Feed Reader: Feeds are incredibly useful for research. Feed aggregators such as Bloglines, deliver new postings and information directly to your desktop. Simply subscribe to the RSS feed from a blog or website that you are interested in and you can receive new blog postings, podcasts, online news and even weather forecasts as they are updated.
- Google Trends: View popularity of topics over time. Google Trends shows search data graphs based on Google history. Enter up to five topics and see how often they’ve been searched on Google over time. Graphs show the relatively popularity of each search term over a specified period of time – up to two years.
- Keyword Research Tool: Wordtracker and Keyword Discovery are the most popular paid tools. There are a number of good ones that are free. Google has a good keyword tool that shows relative search and Adwords competition data
- SEODigger: SEO Digger is a powerful analyzer. Discover which keywords any website is being ranked for on Google. This is limited to websites with positions in the top 20 results.
Tags: blog marketing, blog research, content marketing, Digital Marketing, Google Alerts, keyword, marketing, podcasts, research, seo, wordtracker, WSI franchise,
Written by: Francois Muscat