|Use Your Blog as a Personal Branding Strategy|
Branding is important in today’s online driven life to establish your reputation.
This applies to an organization, person or a product. Personal branding is especially important in today’s marketplace for a job seeker or a service provider.Your personal brand is how others will compare you with your peers. Those who don’t choose to differentiate themselves are turning into commodities.
In almost any service company it is often the person behind the product or service that is its greatest asset. Personal branding builds up your unique value proposition and it allows you to stand out from everyone else. Your personal brand helps you to drive yourself to the next level. In a competitive marketplace, blogging frequently is the easiest and fastest way to spread and broadcast your message.
In building up your reputation and personal brand, these are important elements in forming your digital marketing campaign.
- Always offer value: Your brand needs to offer something of value and that your readers will find interesting. Your brand is only valuable if you’re different in a way that’s valuable to people.
- Innovate: In a world full of people doing similar things, the person with new ideas and new ways of doing will draw the interest and attention of the market.
- Be a leader and be followed: You will have to build your reputation as the “expert.” You have to get the attention of your niche. Show your knowledge without being arrogant.
- Build credibility and trust: People do business with people that they know and trust. Be authentic and talk about your successes and your failures. Be helpful.
- Be personal: Blogs lend themselves to an informal conversational style that people like to read. Inject humor and personality into your writing.
- Relationships: Build rapport with your readers and with other bloggers. Visit and enter blog conversations on other blogs that deal with your subject.
- Consistency: Be consistent in your values, your topics and your approach to situations. Developing and changing opinions and ideas as you grow is fine.
Subscribe to our blog to get daily industry advice and tips for your company’s online branding strategy at http://feeds.feedburner.com/WSIDigitalMarketingBlog.
Category: Search, Social
Tags: blogging, branding, branding campaign, content marketing, credibility, Digital Marketing, online campaign, online reputation, Social Media, strategy,
Written by: Francois Muscat